Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Isaac Slade's Quotes


Isaac Slade’s Quotes

-        I don’t want to cake on my piano

-        My tart!

-        You have 3 minutes to tell the world something. Are you going to talk about you being wasted in the front yard ‘cause you couldn’t park your car. Or are you going to say something that could actually help someone?

-        The next song we’re playing is called “Never Say Never”, and we dedicate this to Justin Bieber.

-        I’m going to stand on my piano, ‘cause why not?

-        I don’t have Lady Gaga’s persona, I don’t have Bono’s sunglasses, I’m a bald 30-year-old man standing on stage singing songs about my life and I’m starting to be comfortable with that.

-        My life’s falling apart.

-        That’s my mother story.

-        Her life was perfect to put it all together in a song.

-        Because he’s my brother and I love him.

-        Nobody could write a manual of how to save him.

-        We were two different personalities forced to be together.

-        Playing live is the part I enjoy the most.

-        It’s about the hope I still have, buried inside my chest.

-        As a teenager, I wasn’t allowed to listen to non-Christian music

-        I want people to connect with the stories we’re telling.

-        I had to change the lyrics of Where The Story Ends

-        We put out a fishbowl, actually.

-        I didn’t know what to tell him.

-        We do have a very sensitive, thoughtful crowd.

-        When I heard that girl telling me that my song made her not to commit suicide, I felt paychecked.

-        That’s who I am: take it, or leave it.

-        I haven’t been very accepted since I was at high school.

-        My first car was a Honda Accord.

-        Louder, I can’t hear you!

-        And then I saw them in the crowd, singing along and crying, and I just cried.

-        We’ve lived everything you can live as friends.

-        Scars are sexy and they’re kind of a map of where you’ve been through.

-        You can’t really appreciate live if you haven’t been close to die. And you can’t really appreciate a marriage if you haven’t failed in one.

-        I’m proud of my scars.

-        It’s the struggle we’re facing to be artists, but also to be real.

-        Am I allowed to bring my wife?

-        Yes, I like U2.

-        We’re not real rocking-rockers, we’d rather write about emotions and feelings.

-        It isn’t being on the stage just for say “I’m hot, buy my record, see you” it’s more like transmit something.

-        I don’t believe we’re here just for make money, eat, and die. I’m here for something, you’re here for something.

-        I just can’t talk about it; it comes out in these songs so I find myself.

-        We pour ourselves into these songs.

-        We’re just trying to write biographical stories, and you do find an expression to longings and to fears you can’t voice any other way.

-        I didn’t know how to save a life.

-        It’s not like I’m some savior or something.

-        This song isn’t a happy ending; it’s like… a story book conclusion of a lot of people’s life.

-        Finding a unique path in life, leads to a sweeter destiny.

-        You have to be aware of what’s going on in your life.

-        We try to communicate what’s to be alive and get up one day and realize that you aren’t as happy as you want to be. And that’s OK. We’re the aftermath of a disappointment band.

-        I look away from the crowd when I cry on stage.

-        When this band started, I guessed how much it was going to cost. How hard it was going to be. But it costs more physically, personally, emotionally, mentally than nobody ever told me. The transparency you have… But there are people that are way more famous than us, and they are alone in this. But what I want to say 1is that, it’s worth it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

-        My job is not to get up on the stage and look good. My job is to get up and be real. Show them my scars and maybe even bleed in front of them.

-        You aren’t anyone ‘till someone hates you.

No comments:

Post a Comment