Sunday, June 30, 2013

The story of You Found Me

The Fray – You Found Me
This song was released in 2008, but the songwriting started about more than one year before. It is a song written by Isaac Slade and Joe King, but has more Isaac’s stories, it could have said. Isaac wrote on their official page about it: “You found me is a tough song for me. It’s about the disappointment, the heartache; the let down that comes with life. It’s about the feelings and the hope I still have, buried deep inside my chest”. Also he has talked about it in lots of interviews; he said that there was a moment, when they were on the road, that it was like phone call after phone call, tragedy after tragedy, of people close to him. He said: “Undeserving, good people”. His songwriting of this song has got a progress: at the first time, it was like: “I’m angry for something that happened to me, to my family and to my friends”; but at the end, it was like: “I’m angry but I still believe, help me hold both in my hands. And if I’m going to call myself Christian, if I’m going to be a believer without being sarcastic I need to have some answers: why the good people instead of the bad one? You know, help me make sense of it” He said that if he dies or something, it is what he’d said to God. Also he said that if he had that meeting with God, it wouldn’t be a totally nice one. Here you are an awesome version of the song played in a stairwell: 

No comments:

Post a Comment